Now, while being 5'5'' isn't really a "struggle" in itself... having an extra long torso is. Some ladies I know will agree with me on this subject and 90% of rompers and pantsuits are virtually impossible. It's up your ass all day and you better not think about sitting down... because it's not happening. But I've found the key goals in shopping for rompers/pantsuits when you have my problem.
- Stick to rompers/pantsuits that have no elastic waist. These tend to ride up easier and pull. If you're like me and have baby-makin' hips and a tiny waist then elastic around your waist does not help. I just said waist way too many times for my liking.
- It helps greatly if you have adjustable straps. That way you can lengthen the romper as much as you can if necessary. Halter tops are even better!
- I usually buy clothing in size small (except jeans, because let's be honest here) but rompers I always choose one size up, they tend to be longer when made - or so I've noticed. So I always order a medium, no matter what. Fun Fact.
- Despite what you may think, strapless rompers don't necessary mean you're home-free. They are actually mostly shorter in length and whenever I have high hopes and try them on, the bust is always basically at my belly button. Nope. But you may find a gem every once in awhile, but I would never purchase one without trying it on first. Just my advice.
Secret to deep V's and keeping your lovelies inside: Fashion Tape. You can find it virtually anywhere. Target, Walmart, Forever21, etc etc. It saves my life and it could save yours too. Help save a life, call 1-800... haha, had to. I started to feel like Sarah Mclachlan over here. *shivers
There's always ways to wiggle around outfits that aren't technically made for your body type, you just have to search a little harder for them. They're out there! Sometimes I see rompers and I wonder where the heck the torso is because - it's not there. Who's shaped like that?!
Everyone is shaped differently and we figure out what works best. Individually. I like it that way. Unique. I have friends that can rock the hell out of pointed flats or heels but when I try them on, I feel like the wicked witch of the west. Nope. But hey, more power to them!
Confidence and being secure in your style has a big impact on how you can rock an outfit.
Embrace your uniqueness and roll with it.
- Red Deep V Romper: www.tobi.com $59.99 /or use 50% off your first site purchase ;)
- Snake Charm Body Chain: www.amazon.com $3.99 /not even kidding you.
- Black Sandals: www.target.com $19.99 /super comfortable!
- Stacked Gold Rings: www.forever21.com $2.99 /what a friggin' steal
All photos taken by my love, Baldwin Media Photography